Recently Samsung has released a much awaited OS update for its Android Powered Smartphone Galaxy Ace (GT-S5830) in India. After applying the new updates your Phone will be running Latest Android OS i.e. Gingerbread 2.3.4 (DDKQ5)
There are two ways you can update it
I) Via Samsung Kies (i.e. Official way recommended by Samsung)
II) Flashing a ROM through ODIN (This is very Advance stuff and its advisable only if you have good knowledge about it).
I tried updating my Samsung Galaxy Ace with Samsung Kies here are the steps:
1) Make sure that you have at least 60% battery before starting the upgrade.
2) Get the Latest Kies from here: http://goo.gl/OXLfb
3) After successful installation connect your phone using USB Cable; Kies will detect your phones current firmware version and if Samsung has released new firmware for your Country you will see something like this:
Note: You must un-root the phone if you have rooted it else Kies won’t suggest you for new firmware upgrade.
3) Once you click on Update your update process will start now you sit back and relax while your firmware gets updated…
Here are some screen shots captured during the process:
4) Time taken for upgrade depends upon your Internet speed; during the firmware upgrade phone goes in to download mode and your mobile screen will look like this:
5) Once Upgrade is done ;phone will be restart; then go to Application->Settings->About Phone and check your Android Version.
I must say Samsung has done really good job with this release of Gingerbread 2.3.4 for Samsung Galaxy Ace (GT-S5830) as I am getting Quadrant Standards score of 1000+ .
Do send me your Comments, Questions and Suggestions.
Thanks for reading